CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

8th Letter

Xandra,

I apologize for dumping this all on you. Right now about the only thing I can do is be sorry. Sorry about the lies, sorry about the bad news, sorry about hurting you. Sorry.

But you should know that I am serious. Just bad at telling you the whole anything and everything. So, sorry about that too.

I know that you are angry at me for telling you that you hold the world in your hands. And I know that you don't believe you do, so, sorry? And again, sorry, for offending you. You do not have to believe what I have told you. Just accept it if it is true. And know that I am COMPLETELY in my right mind. We can leave it at that.





Well the night of Rudeth is approaching, and I am forever grateful that you have chosen to be in the Heart of Corinth at that time. I hope you look forward to what will happen. Even if you don't know.





Your life at the palace sounds like a world opposite to mine, which is probably a good thing. Just as the syne rose yester-morning, a man we are traveling with, and whom I very much dislike, and I (I didn't mention him in the last letter because I hadn't met him yet) had to fight off some Flaggans, so I guess you can guess where I am since the only place Flaggans roam is Rust Ridge, but now you know anyway because I just told you,UGH! My 'gift' of stating the obvious is kicking in! Well, lets just say that it was SC-A-RY.





Well not to pop you bubble of happiness or anything, but I am inclined to say that even though you trust the Xar, I do not. I hope that it counts for something too. Because you thought that you knew me and I was nice, right? So just think about what you are getting yourself into before you get in too deep.



Sorry again! I just keep giving you warnings, and dark news. So I guess that what you really want to hear from me is something like 'Don't worry about a thing. Just do what ever you want while you are alive.' or something. And I'm sorry that I cant say that exact thing to you, but, what I can say is that if you follow your soul, then you will be happy and everything will turn out alright, no matter what.

Also, I cant say to follow your heart, or your mind, because if you just followed your heart then you could make a choice that defies your mind. And that would not be good. And visa versa for your mind.

So, then since you are having adventures in the Capitol. I guess that I should tell you something of what I'm doing in Rust Ridge...

When I went through the Discharge, after I sent you the Oplaf, Silvia and I ended up in the Egdir Tsur Mountains, and it was raining. So we found shelter in a cave. The next morning we found the Snag River, and got water and some fish. Your sister is surprisingly good in the wild by-the-way. She caught the fish and built the fire to cook them on! Anyway, so after that we headed towards the Tree of Gifts. It was there that we fist met the Flaggans. They attacked us out of nowhere. So then, just as one was about to strike me down, and Gale (the guy I don't like) came and saved us from them.

After that we said our goodbyes and found a ledge on a cliff that was close enough to the ground to sleep under. When we woke up Silvia was gone. I got worried so I started to look for her. And you'll never guess who I found her talking to... yeah, Gale. I guess that they had met up at a branch off of the river. So things happened and Silvia decided that we could use a man to protect us from all the dangers of the wild. He agreed and no matter how I argued, he tagged along.

So then lots of things went on as usual, with the small attacks, and the hunting for food, and the moving across the Mountains.

When we got to the Ridge, everything went smoothly until the last day when we were attacked by the sc-a-ry Flaggans. These ones were a little different and were HUGE, but we defeated them. The only problem was that Silvia got scared and was really jumpy. so the one time that she thought that she heard something she jumped around, tripped on a rock, and fell a shot ways down the slope. So she was okay, but she broke a finger and got scraped up a little bit.

I think that I will find her a place to stay in Skye Falls. Maybe with the Swandre Family. Do you remember them?

Well that is my amount of adventures.

With More Apologies,
Astra

0 comments: